This Course meets the requirements for the Clinical Competence domain required for the Behavioral Health Technician Certification. You will receive 8 CEU’s after completing this course. The topics addressed include:
- Licit and Illicit Drugs and Alcohol and Drug Testing Policies
- Signs and Symptoms of Intoxication and Withdrawal
- Understanding Addiction
- Co-Occurring Disorders
Course Goals and Objectives
- The goal of this course is to assist the reader in enhancing knowledge of licit and illicit drugs that are widely abused. This course will help participants better develop the necessary protocols to maintain a drug-free environment conducive of sobriety.
- The goal of this course is to assist the reader in enhancing knowledge of the different withdrawal and intoxication symptoms of addictive substances. This course will help participants better understand the warning signs of an overdose. The course will discuss withdrawal symptoms based on the drug of choice. Substance Use Disorders will be defined, along with the different types of dependence that contribute to an individual developing a Substance Use Disorder.
- The goal of this course is to assist the reader in understanding addiction and all of its contributing factors. This course will help participants gain the knowledge necessary to understand addiction and challenge current biases (if any). Participants will develop an understanding of the disease model of addiction.
- The goal of this course is to assist the reader in enhancing knowledge related to co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders. This course will help participants enhance clinical skills and therapeutic knowledge. Participants will be provided with various strategies to implement when working with clients suffering from co-occurring disorders.
This workshop has been approved for 8 CEUs by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling. CE Broker Course Tracking Number: 20-570215. Provider #: 50-9339 The Certification Board of Addictions Professionals CE Provider # 5090.
- Teacher: Online Teacher